Pay-Per-Click is a form of online marketing where you pay for each qualified visitor to your website.
The goal of PPC is to directly trade $100 in marketing spend for $200 in sales profit.
A properly optimized PPC campaign can be a direct-marketing money machine.
There are many forms of Pay-Per-Click (PPC), but the most popular is traffic from the major search engines; Google, Yahoo, and Bing. There is also PPC for large sites like facebook.
A Pay-Per-Click campaign has several advantages:
- Instant Traffic – Pay-Per-Click can be setup quickly and start driving qualified traffic to your website instantly. It is the fastest form of website traffic.
- Pay Directly for Traffic – Some forms of traffic generation get your website traffic and sales indirectly. Social Media and SEO are perfect examples of this. You build up a long-term campaign and have to wait for traffic to show up on your website. With Pay-Per-Click, you pay directly upfront for each visitor.
- Predictable Marketing Spend – It’s easy to compare the cost and revenue generated with PPC advertising.
- Conversion Optimization – Most PPC platforms have some type of conversion testing built in. You can split test 2 different pages to see which one converts more visitors into sales. Rather than changing pages and waiting for data to come in, you can see results in real time.
- Per-Keyword Conversion Data – Many pay-per-click platforms allow you to see which specific keywords are converting into sales. Instead of looking at the largest keywords or guessing at which keywords are making money, you can know exactly which keywords are making your business the most money.
Without an expert on your team, Pay-Per-Click can get out of hand. There are literally thousands of factors to manage:
- Keyword Research
- Keyword Match Type Sorting
- Negative Keyword Optimization
- Bidding Options (CPC, CPM, CPA)
- Geographic and Demographic Targeting
- Computer-Type Targeting
- Quality Score Optimization
- Ad Copy / Click-Through-Rate Optimization
- Conversion Tracking
- Split Testing Ads and Landing Pages
- Landing Page Optimization
Managing hundreds of keywords, multiple ad groups, and split tested ads is a full time job.
You should be able to focus on your business while someone else handles the details. Let our experienced PPC team at Traffic Game Plan run your campaign today.